This blog is no longer updated please visit http://www.createdbyx.com/ instead.

Sunday, March 21, 2004

Strange vs2k2 error and how to fix it.

Warrning to vs.net developers! I was just working in the vs.net 2002 forms designer and started getting the fallowing error...



... I could not figure out why I was suddenly getting this error seemingly out of no where.

Be carfull about adding this reference "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\" or one similar to it, under your Project property Pages ("Reference Path").

If I had to guess as to why adding this reference path in a vs.net 2002 project would cause the forms designer for that project to crash, I'd guess it would have somthing to do with vs.net 2002 using ver 1.0 of the .NET Framework rather than ver 1.1. Or possibly some sort of conflict there of.